As you may recall, Amie and I love our Bachelor Monday dinners! Past dinners can be found here: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, & Week 8. With the new season of The Bachelorette in full and very annoying swing, we are back to our whipping up our weekly dinner delights! Due to schedule conflicts, we did not cook for a few of the first episodes and I am a week behind in posting as well. So without further ado, enjoy our most recent "recipes"!
A couple of notes about this week's dinner:
1. It it by far one of the easiest dinners we have made and it was so delicious!
2. It includes another great use for Greek yogurt as previously discussed.
Roasted Chicken Greek Pitas
1 package/2 patties Trader Joe's Roasted Chicken Patties (8oz of cooked chicken or other chicken patties can be substituted)
1 dozen cherry tomatoes
3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
1 whole wheat pita
Homemade Tzatziki (recipe below)
1. Heat chicken patties per their instructions (I use the microwave) or prepare chicken as desired. Dice into cubes.
2. Slice whole wheat pita in half in order to make two "pockets".
3. Fill pita pockets with chicken, tomato and mint.
4. Serve with homemade tzatziki.
1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
juice from 1/2 a lemon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small cucumber, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
chopped mint, salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Sweet & Spicy Salad
2-3 handfuls Trader Joe's Wasabi Arugula
1/3 cup fat free feta
Trader Joe's Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar (regular champagne vinegar with a little orange juice would probably be a fine substitution)
1. Combine wasabi arugula and feta in a bowl.
2. Whisk together vinegar, olive oil and a dash of salt.
3. Toss and serve.
We enjoyed our meal with an appetizer platter of meats, cheese, etc from Trader Joe's and The Cheese Store of Silverlake.
Even though these blog entries are not specifically about The Bachelorette, is it just us or do you all want to throttle Ashley too?