Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Product Placement Wednesday - Cold-FX


What is worse than a cold? A summer cold. When the sun is shining and the temperature is warm enough to make the pool your only friend, you do not want to be sitting inside with a nasty cold. Recently my good friend Hedy turned me on to a Canadian product that she swore would knock a cold out. The name of this miracle product? Cold-FX. Since we know that all really good drugs are not available in the US, I figured there must be a good chance she was right. What is even better about Cold-FX is that it is not actually a drug - the main ingredient is North American ginseng.

Last week I had the "good fortune" of trying Cold-FX for the first time. I found myself with a scratchy throat and gave their 3-2-1 regimen a try. The regimen is as follows: 3 pills the first day - 3 times a day, 2 pills the second day - 3 times a day, and 1 pill the third day - 3 times a day. While this did not completely eliminate my cold symptoms, I never got the full blown cold that usually shows up within days of the throat scratchiness. In fact, even my throat no longer bothered me after the first day which is never the case when I get sick. My symptoms were so minor that I had a hard time "taking it easy" while I recovered!

The dosage I took is usually used with the Extra Strength formula and must be take at the first sign of a cold or flu (I must admit - I actually waited too long to start and might have even seen better results had I started earlier). There is also a Daily Defense that is formulated to take every day like a vitamin in order to boost your immune system. This is actually the version I used with my cold so I can only imagine if I was using the Extra Strength. I think using the Daily Defense as suggested would be particularly helpful if you have small children since they bring every germ home like little Outbreak monkeys.


So if you don't live in Canada, where do you get this wonder non-drug? I have read that some Costco stores carry it but you can also order it on Amazon.com for Daily Defence and here for Extra Strength.

Once you try Cold-FX, be sure to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment