Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Product Placement Wednesday - Trader Joe's Peach Pops


First I know I need to apologize to my readers not in close proximity to a Trader Joe's. I'm sorry I continually tease you with products unavailable to you. I highly suggest that you utilize their handy store locater before you make any trips outside of your area in order to assist you in stocking up on the amazing items they offer. Really the best thing to do is to start writing Trader Joe's and requesting they open a new store in your neighborhood!

Back to this week's product! I love summer for so many reasons - one of which is that it's stone fruit season. Peaches, plums, crazy hybrids, etc are all readily available. My beloved Trader Joe's has just released a new delicious product that will allow you to combine those delicious peaches with a cooling summer treat - Peach Pops!

Peach Pops look similar to that summer favorite - Otter Pops. However, instead of being made out of sugar, water, food coloring & artificial flavor they are made from real fruit with no added sugar as well as no artificial flavor or color. When they say real fruit they mean it - these pops are basically chunks of fresh frozen peaches. At only 45 calories a pop, they are a great treat anytime!

If you are lucky enough to have a giant freezer in which to hoard food, I would suggest stocking up for the dark months of the year with peaches are scarce. Even though they are "pops" they can easily be enjoyed during the cooler months of the year. If slightly thawed out, these pops would also make a great topping for yogurt, ice cream or even oatmeal.


No comments:

Post a Comment