Open Face Chicken BLT
Garlic Spread (This was from the farmers market so if not available use a garlic aioli instead.)
1. Cook chicken and bacon in your preferred style. We cooked the chicken in a grill pan and the bacon on a baking sheet in the oven.
2. As the meats finish cooking, place ciabatta rolls in the oven to warm and lightly toast. Note: You are only using half a roll per person as this is an open face sandwich.
3. Spread rolls with garlic spread and begin assembling the sandwich. Chicken, bacon, tomato, and arugula.
4. Top with a drizzle of olive oil.
Bruschetta Quinoa Salad
1 cup Quinoa
2 cups Chicken Broth (Vegetable Broth or Water can be substituted)
1/2 Container Bruschetta Sauce from Trader Joe's (Diced tomatoes, garlic, basil & olive oil can be substituted)
Mini Sweet Bell Peppers
1. Prepare quinoa with chicken broth in either a rice cooker or on the stove according to package directions. Allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Dice mini sweet bell peppers and cucumber. Quantities will vary based on size and desired taste. It is better to start out with less and add more to taste. We used approximately 3 peppers and 2/3 a cucumber. Add to cooled quinoa.
3. Using a slotted spoon, add bruschetta sauce to cooled quinoa. Stir.
4. Taste and adjust quantities of add-ins as needed.
Makes approximately 8 side servings.
Unfortunately I don't have any photos of these dishes but they are pretty simple. The great thing about the quinoa salad is that it keeps for days. You can make it at the beginning of the week and enjoy it as a side with a variety of other meals.