Roasted Chicken Patties with Onions & Feta
1 Package/2 Trader Joe's Roasted Chicken Patties
1/2 Cup Trader Joe's Balsamic Glazed Grilled Sweet Onions (approximate amount) - alternate recipe available here.
1/4 Cup Trader Joe's Fat Free Feta
Chives - optional garnish
1. Heat chicken patties per instructions. If using fresh ground chicken, prepare as desired.
2. Heat balsamic onions in microwave per instructions. If making from scratch, prepare according to directions available here.
3. Top chicken patties with onions. Sprinkle feta on top.
4. Garnish with chopped chives if desired.
We enjoyed our chicken patties on a plate but I think this would be equally good on a roll. Our sides this evening included a salad and Trader Joe's Sun-dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Ravioli with Basil Olive Oil.
Turkey Bolognese with Meatballs
1 Package Trader Joe's Turkey Bolognese "Just Sauce"
4-6 Trader Joe's Turkey Meatballs
Whole Wheat Pasta (You choose the shape and amount. I tend to use fettuccine or fusilli and no more than 3/4 cup cooked per person.)
Shaved Parmesan Cheese - optional garnish
1. Cook pasta to desired level of doneness. Drain and set aside.
2. When pasta is nearly done cooking, begin heating bolognese sauce. I use the microwave instructions and find that it takes a bit longer than stated on the box. Be prepared to adjust to work with your microwave.
3. Once the bolognese sauce is heated, heat the desired number of turkey meatballs. Again, I use the microwave for both items but the stove top is also an option.
4. Place pasta on plate, top with meatballs and finish with bolognese sauce.
5. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.
This very filling (and quite possibly the easiest) meal with accompanied by an arugula salad and homemade garlic bread made with roasted garlic and Parmesan cheese.
So there probably will not be a menu for the premiere of The Bachelorette next week due to some scheduling challenges but new Monday dinner recipes will be back soon! If you have ideas or suggestions of things you would like us to try and make simple & healthy, let me know!