Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Iron Chef West Hollywood, Part 1


So first of all, I must apologize for the week plus of radio silence! New job = reduced blogging time. Good for me, bad for you. Not to worry, I plan to make time for all of you as I have so many "recipes" to share!

This is the first in a series I am calling "Iron Chef West Hollywood" because the meals are essentially made from ingredients in my pantry and random additions by my friend Katie. I posted a recipe for Fresh Vegetable Pasta last month which was the precursor to this new series. Please note that these recipes more than ever will be less specific with proportions but I promise to do my best to give you as much accuracy as possible!

Apple & Leek Pasta
1 1/2 cup frozen leeks (or fresh leeks if you desire)
1/2 golden delicious apple, diced
2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
whole wheat pasta (2 servings - we went light on the pasta)
garlic olive oil
olive oil
shaved parmesan cheese
sea salt

1. Cook pasta according to directions.
2. Saute leeks in a little olive oil until slightly browned.
3. Top pasta with leeks and apple.
4. Drizzle with garlic olive oil.
5. Top with parmesan, mint and sea salt to taste.

Serves 2


No comments:

Post a Comment