Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing
3 cups kale, chopped
1/2 cup edamame, shelled
1/2 cup garbanzo beans
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
3/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced & pitted
1 green onion sliced
1/4 cup fennel seed
handful parsley, chopped
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, roasted
1. Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl.
2. Combine dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Just prior to serving, add a little water to dressing while stirring constantly to thin out.
3. Top with dressing and mix well.
Caprese Style Couscous
1 cup whole wheat couscous
20 mini heirloom tomatoes
1/3 cup fat free feta
6 large basil leaves, chiffonade
splash olive oil
1. Cook couscous according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
2. Cut up heirloom tomatoes into small pieces.
3. Combine couscous, tomatoes, feta and basil.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and top with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Stir and serve.