Friday, October 14, 2011

Weddings, Marriage & $$$

In the past I have blogged about the fun side of weddings - the planning, gift guides, being a good bride, being a good guest, and what to do with old bridesmaid dresses. One thing that no one likes to think about is the cost of weddings. Films fill brides-to-be with grandiose ideas of what a proper wedding should look like. Have you stopped to think what those weddings actually cost? You know it is a lot but how much? This article exposes the high cost of having a movie wedding and I found it fascinating!



If I should ever find a guy worthy of marrying, I have no intention of taking his last name. I know some guys say this is a "dealbreaker" however if they read the next article they might agree that the financial benefits of their wife keeping her last name will keep their "manly pride" in check.



This article's title is a little misleading but there is a book out there encouraging women to be golddiggers. On the flip side, smart women don't marry deadbeats with gambling problems and mountains of debt. After reading this article it reinforced in my mind that some of my past love interests were just too much of a hot mess to ever marry. I used to joke that I would have my future husband sign a reverse pre-nup - one that absolved me from any of his debt. Maybe not just a funny idea after all...



No comments:

Post a Comment