Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Product Placement Wednesday - Trader Joe's Mini Brie Bites


Yes, it's another Trader Joe's specialty this week! Also, this is the second week in a row that Product Placement Wednesday is cheese related. Clearly I have a problem. However, this week's little delights will soon give you a problem too.

Trader Joe's Mini Brie Bites

If you are anything like me, it is difficult to determine when to stop eating when it comes to cheese. They say a serving is the size of a pair of dice. As I may have mentioned before, that amount of cheese is the cheese I eat while cutting up the cheese I'm actually going to eat. Weight loss experts would say I have problems with "portion control". If they didn't make cheese so delicious it would be easier to control! Or if cheese came in single serving packaging (other than string cheese) maybe I would be more successful. Well, that's exactly the sizing of the Mini Brie Bites. You can sit down with some lovely crackers (my personal fave are the Rosemary and Raisin - also from Trader Joe's) and have a relatively guilt free snack!

I also think these would be great to make mini Brie en Croute for your holiday parties! Take your Mini Brie Bites, smooth some great jam on top (personally I think one that is both sweet and savory would be best), wrap in puff pastry and bake. There are a million recipes out there that will give you an idea as to baking time though I would recommend checking it every five minutes the first time as these guys are small and will likely brown up quickly.

Trader Joe's also makes a great little goat cheese medallion that can also be enjoyed with crackers. I like to crumble it on salads or if you are able to successfully remove it from the wrapper without destroying the shape you can also roll it in some crushed nuts and place on top of the salad as is.

I am sure there are some other great ideas out there for the Mini Brie Bites. Let me know if you have discovered one!


No comments:

Post a Comment