Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Product Placement Wednesday - Nylo-Tape Friction Free Drawer Slide Tape

It has been forever since I posted a Product Placement Wednesday but this week I was inspired!

Nylo-Tape Friction Free Drawer Slide Tape



As you may recall from a previous post, I am now a homeowner! This is both a joy and a ton of work. My home was built in 1931 which makes it full of projects. I have a slightly updated kitchen - original cabinets but new appliances and countertops. This was a big selling point for me as it looks great but I wasn't paying for someone else's expensive (or substandard) kitchen remodel. Of course anyone who has older kitchen cabinets can tell you that they don't have modern rails on the drawers. This means it is wood rubbing on wood which creates wood shavings to fall on any dishes positioned underneath the drawers. At my old apartment (where I also had this problem), my solution was for the handyman to put a thin layer of wood underneath the rail to catch the shavings. This was not going to be an easy solution for my current kitchen so I started looking on the internet for answers. A lot of people mentioned "soaping" the wood or using candle wax. Apparently this is a very old way of keeping anything wood on wood from rubbing (drawers, windows, etc.). Forget the old way! I found this great Nylo-Tape from Rockler and it is amazing! I just wiped off the wooden bar that stretched across the drawer cabinet and when it was dry applied the tape. Simple as that and the drawers glide like they are brand new! Rockler is available for ordering online if you do not live close to one of their stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment